This six-day wilderness canoe & mountaineering expedition you will explore the spectacular Inverpolly nature reserve. Journeying by canoes we paddle between the epic mountains of Suilven, Col Mor and Stac Pollaidh. We guide you throughout teaching you essential canoeing & mountaineering techniques to help you become a more knowledgable adventurer.
Fantastic opportunity for you to explore the incredible Nature reserve of Inverpolly. This is a truly unique wilderness canoe & mountaineering adventure that you will never forget. We guide you throughout teaching you essential canoeing and mountaineering techniques to help you become a more knowledgable adventurer.
Every trip will be personally adapted to the group’s specific needs. Allowing each trip to have a unique and fresh approach. This is the perfect trip for you to share an unforgettable experience with your friends. We take group bookings for stag, hens and birthdays or single bookings on selected dates.
If you’re excited about the possibility of going on our wilderness canoe & mountaineering adventure get in touch. If you would like more of an insight read through our 2019 blog or watch our 2019 video.
What to expect on this wilderness canoe & mountaineering adventure
We will explore the spectacular Lochs and mountains of Inverpolly nature reserve. The trip consists of canoeing and portaging to make a path through this rugged landscape. We will climb the impressive Suilven, allowing for spectacular views. The final two nights we will set camp on an incredible island in the middle Loch Sionascaig.
Over six days and five nights, you will enjoy;
– Spotting the unique wildlife having good opportunities to see Golden Eagles, Raven, Dippers, Red Deer, Otters and numerous other species.
– Wild camping in the most amazing locations on islands next to lochs and in beautiful woodlands.
– Throughout the expedition (open to 16+) you will safely and skilfully learn how to manage yourself on a multi-day canoe trip.
– Learning survival skills, needed for surviving in a spectacular, demanding setting and have the opportunity to practice the survival skills and techniques throughout the journey
– All this whilst being guided by expert canoe and survival and wilderness skills instructors teaching and coaching you through every step of the way.
You will leave this wilderness expedition with a real sense of achievement, and with memories and skills that will last forever. To find out more information or book please get in touch.
– 5 days exploring the majestic Inverpolly nature reserve.
– 4 nights wild camping under the Scottish stars.
– Learn how to butcher and cook your food in the wild, with delicious recipes.
– All food included from pick up to drop off.
– Learning the essential canoeing, mountaineering and survival skills to fo on a multi-day trip.
– All essential equipment provided.
– Guided by fully qualified and experienced staff all with a passion for fun.
HOW TO BOOK
If you would like any more information or would like to book onto any of our adventures, please get in touch using the form below.
Our team will endeavour to reply within 48 hours.
We will send you out a complete kit list of what you’ll need and what we will provide, once you’ve booked on the course. Belowe is an idea of what you’ll need.
- waterproof top & trousers
- Walking boots
- Rucksack 30 Liters to 40L
- Top & bottom Thermal layer x 2
- Shirt or t-shirt lightweight quick drying
- Fleece x 2
- Trousers quick drying x2
- Underwear x 3
- Thick socks x 3
- Thin socks x 3
- Sun cream
- Insect repellent
- Spare warm fleece for evenings
- Warm hat x 2
- Peaked hat
- Drink bottle 1.5ltr
- Hot flask (not essential)
- Dry bags for personal equipment (rain covers don’t really work)
- Map & compass (not essential)
- Walking poles
- Waterproof notepad & pen
- Head torch +spare batteries
- Personal first aid kit inc blister plasters
- Sun glasses
- Sleeping bag (warm rating of minus 10)
- Roll mat
- Wash kit
- Micro light towel
- Spare warm fleece and clothes for evenings
- One pot
- Brew kit
This is a challenging few days, where you are out in the elements for all six-days. We will be canoeing for at least 5 hours and day sometimes longer. There are portages where you have to carry your equipment over rough terrain for at least a mile. There’s also an option to climb Suilven which is 731 meters high.
You must be aged 16 or over to attend this expedition, Anybody under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Travel and transport
You can meet us at your accommodation where we will pick you up or we can pick you up at the local train station just let us know.
All the food we will provide over the week we will accommodate any dietary requirements just let us know.
Arrivals and Departures
You will be expected to find your own means of travel to Inverness Airport or train station on the selected dates and arrive there by 11 am. There will be arranged transport for the rest of the journey, to and from the destination.